I’ve been trying to submit this recipe for almost a week now but different things kept coming up and I was super busy.Had some issues with my car, but my brilliant colleagues at BMW have been very supportive and have given me lots of good advice on how to fix it so that’s what I’ve been doing for the past few days…
Finally,though, I’ve managed to find time to sit down, edit the video, put the recipe together and create this blog post.
Today’s recipe is a bit of an English classic. English love bacon and for all the good reasons – it’s salty, tasty and the fat can be trimmed off. That’s exactly what we’ve done – we got rid of the bad side of bacon by eliminating most of the fat, keeping the meat which in turn resulted in a nice and crispy crust.
Getting all the lean, complete protein ( meaning it has all of the essential amino acids our body cannot produce itself) from the chicken breast, giving it a nice garlicky flavour and adding a bell pepper + low-fat cheddar cheese stuffing proved to be a good idea. The recipe turned out quite delicious. One recommendation I make, though is to try and cook it for a bit longer. I cooked mine for about 35 minutes but even if you go overboard with 40-45, you wouldn’t be making a mistake.
The bacon is naturally quite fatty, so when it starts cooking it will start releasing all of its fat,draining in the pan. Therefore, you may have to drain your oven tray after you’ve finished roasting the meal. Simply pour the juices away and you’ll be left with a delicious chicken breast, stuffed with bell pepper,garlic and cheddar cheese, wrapped in delicious crispy bacon.
What’s more to ask? Such a beautiful combination with a very rich flavour. It’s also quite different from cooking your regular chicken breast – takes a bit more effort but it’s the final result is more rewarding!
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A delicious classic recipe.
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 smoked back bacon rashers
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 100g low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 °C or 400 °F
- Trim fat off bacon slices and leave to one side
- Chop bell pepper, spring onion and garlic, grate low-fat cheddar cheese, season and mix everything together
- Cut chicken breasts horizontally, making a pocket in the middle
- Stuff the created pocket with stuffing you've just mixed and wrap in bacon strips
- Roast for 30-40 minutes(45 minutes for crispier finish)
- Taken oven tray out of oven, drain liquid from the residue bacon fat and Serve
Slice of Fit http://sliceoffit.com/