Tuna is one of the best forms of lean protein you can get. Not only that but it’s also fairly cheap.
Even if you can’t imagine that something coming out of a can could be delicious, hang in there and try this recipe, you will be amazed.
Overall, tuna is super healthy and the nutritional benefits it provides are huge. Tuna fish has a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels. It improves the body’s response to insulin and strengthen’s your immune system.
There are many more benefits of tuna fish and it is a great source of high-quality protein which is good for your health generally and helps you recover faster.
Two things to consider is to not go overboard with tuna! Whilst its amazing anti-inflammatory properties and nutritious structure make it an excellent source of protein, tuna contains Mercury and a fair amount of sodium.
Mercury is actually poisonous and high sodium intake can negate the health benefits of tuna but if you keep it to one or two cans a week, you should be fine.
Lean Delicious Tuna Fishcakes
A couple of delicious tuna fishcakes
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 50g wholemeal oats
- olive oil
- Drain tuna, flake lightly and put in a big bowl.
- Grate (or chop finely) a half of an onion in the bowl.
- Press and chop 2 cloves of garlic and add to the bowl.
- Add 50g of oats to the bowl.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Whisk 2 eggs and add these to the bowl.
- Mix everything all together and form patties..
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil to a pan and heat on medium to high heat.
- Put fish cakes in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy the simplest and most delicious fishcakes.
- Comment, Like and Let me know what you think.
Slice of Fit http://sliceoffit.com/